1. Welcome to Medverdict (“Services”). By using this Service, you agree to be bound by all of the terms of this Agreement and by the User-generated Content Agreement. The Service is currently free to all users. The Medverdict, (“We”), reserves the right to charge for this Service in the future. In such event, we will notify you in advance, and give you an opportunity to subscribe to this Service. We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement or to modify any features of this Service at any time. By registering for this Service and/or continuing to use this Service after the posting of Notices regarding such changes, you agree to be bound by such changes.
2. This site does not provide medical advice. The contents of the Medverdict Web site, such as text, graphics, images, and other material are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any question you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor. Medverdict does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physician, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Depending on any information provided by Medverdict, Medverdict employees, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of Medverdict, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk. The Site may contain health-or-medical- related materials that are sexually explicit. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use our Site.
The materials contained on the Website are provided by The Medverdict Company as a service to you for your non-commercial, personal use on an “as is, as available” basis and may be used by you for information purposes only. You acknowledge that you are using the Website at your own risk. The Medverdict Company assumes no responsibility for error or omissions in these materials. The Medverdict Company makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. The Medverdict Company makes no, and expressly disclaims any and all, representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding The Medverdict Company Website, including without limitation the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of text, graphics, links, products and services, and other items accessed from or via the Website, or that the Website will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components. No advice or information given by The Medverdict Company or any other party on the Website shall create any warranty or liability.
The Medverdict Company does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials at the Website in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise. Under no circumstances shall The Medverdict Company or any of its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or their respective partners, officers, directors, employees, or agents be held liable for any damages, whether direct, incidental, indirect, special, or consequential, and including, without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, arising from or in connection with your use, reliance on, or performance of the information on the Web site.
The Medverdict Company periodically schedules system downtime for maintenance and other purposes. Unplanned outages also may occur. The Medverdict Company shall have no liability for the resulting unavailability of the Website or for any loss of data or transactions caused by planned or unplanned system outages, or any outages of web host providers or the Internet infrastructure and network external to the Web site.
3. All materials published on the Website are protected by copyright laws, and may not be reproduced, republished, distributed, transmitted, resold, displayed, broadcast, or otherwise exploited in any manner without the express written permission of either The Medverdict Company or, in the case of content licensed by The Medverdict Company from third parties, the entity that is credited as the copyright holder of such licensed content.
You may download freely accessible material (one copy per page) from this Website for your personal and non-commercial use; or for educational purposes only, without altering or removing any trademark, copyright, or other notice from such material. This permission is granted with the understanding that no more than 1000 copies will be made, the material is distributed free of charge, and that the following credit line appears on each manufactured copy:
“This article first appeared in the (insert date) issue of Medverdict. Used with permission.”
The Medverdict Company does not grant permission for its articles to appear on a non-Medverdict.com online site; you may, however, use a one-paragraph summary that is no longer than 50 words with a direct and static link to the full article available on medverdict.com.
For any other use, advance permission must be obtained from The Medverdict Company.
USER GENERATED CONTENT AGREEMENT
4. The Medverdict Company, through its Comments and Forums, provides users an opportunity to post content to the Web site. The Medverdict Company does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage or agree with content posted by users. You shall not post or transmit any unlawful threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law, or infringe upon another’s copyright or trademark. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, messages, or other materials posted or transmitted in a The Medverdict Company forum or blog, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. This means that you, and not The Medverdict Company, are entirely and solely responsible for all content that you upload, post, or otherwise transmit via the Web site. The Medverdict Company does not and cannot review the content posted by users and is not responsible for such content. However, The Medverdict Company shall have the right, but not the obligation, to delete, move, or edit any content that violates this agreement or is otherwise objectionable as determined by The Medverdict Company in its sole discretion and without notice.
If you upload, post, or otherwise transmit content to the Website, you acknowledge that any such submissions may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, and displayed by The Medverdict Company in any medium now existing or hereinafter invented, and for any purpose, including commercial uses. You waive any moral rights you may have in having the material edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, or displayed in a manner not agreeable to you.
You agree to indemnify The Medverdict Company and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective partners, officers, directors, employees, and agents, against, and to hold each of them harmless from, any and all claims and liabilities (including attorney’s fees) that may arise from your submissions, from your unauthorized use of material obtained from the Website, from your breach of these Terms and Conditions, and from any such acts arising through your use of the Web site.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDER NOTICES
5. Third Party text, photo, and graphic material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither Third Party materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. Third Party material will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
PREMIUM ONLINE CONTENT
6. Purchasers of premium online content are not permitted to share, distribute, sell, or otherwise transfer their password to other individuals. The password is for the purchaser’s sole use. Significant or unusual use of a single password (including but not limited to the significant use of a single password on multiple computers) could result in suspension of that password. Premium online content is protected by copyright laws, and may not be reproduced, republished, distributed, transmitted, resold, displayed, broadcast, or otherwise exploited in any manner without the express written permission of The Medverdict Company.
7. The Medverdict Company is committed to providing visitors to its site with as many features as possible. The companies that The Medverdict Company selects as featured services providers offer products and services that site visitors may find useful. The Medverdict Company in certain cases may have a business relationship with certain third parties that it selects as a featured service provider. The Medverdict Company is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any advice or information given, or of any statement made, by the companies providing featured services, or for the content, services, products, or advertising on or available from their Web sites, or for the availability and operations of their Web sites.